Good Management, Good People
We are currently recruiting for the following positions.
- CNC Machining Centre Operator
- Master Production Planner
CNC Machining Centre Operator
To manage and produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating CNC machinery, maintain quality and
safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and consumables in a busy manufacturing environment.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
· Plan machining by work schedules
· Programming CNC machinery by entering instructions, including zero references positions
· Production set up
· Ability to read and interpret drawings and knowledgeable in geometric dimensioning and tolerances
· Knowledgeable with tool / insert selection and utilizing the correct feeds and speeds
· Good knowledge of dimensional measuring instrumentations and use of such tools to verify actual measurements of
machined dimensions and features
· Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques & principles and 5S
· Adhering to quality procedures and process-familiar with ISO 9001: 2008
· Planning & problem solving abilities
· Maintain safe operations by adhering to all safety procedures
· Maintain continuity between work shifts by communicating actions, irregularities with supervisor and fellow operators
· Document actions by completing production and quality logs
Skills and experience required:
· At least 3 to 5 years experience as a machinist, with excellent functional and technical skills
· Knowledge of Mazatrol Fusion, Master Cam, Reinshaw probing system, and Fanuc based ISO
· Need to have good computer skills, particularly in Excel
· Ideal industry background: automotive
Please forward your C.V. to:
Closing date for applications - Friday 14th February 2014.
(No Agencies Please)
Master Production Planner
Reporting to: Planning Manager
The Master Production Planner is responsible for developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while
carrying minimum effective inventory.
The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the plant with a monthly production plan consistent with the plant
capacity and sales forecast. The planner is responsible for determining the desired inventory levels for finished goods
down to the pack size including safety stock levels. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations,
and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans, by week, for a rolling two month period.
Strong collaboration with the Business Managers, Operations, Sales, Customer Service and Management will be critical to
meeting business goals
- Create a rolling 2-month Master Production Plan for designated products.
- Use the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities.
- Analyse and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing
lead times. Schedules emailed to the relevant departments daily and weekly as required.
- Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 months.
- Make delivery commitments on products, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity.
- Develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis.
- Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels and ensure high service levels, i.e. product availability.
- Project finished goods inventory levels on a monthly basis.
- Achieve desired financial inventory turn targets.
- Insure coordination with team leaders to execute Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan.
- Identify gaps and drive solutions, including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Review sales forecast with business manager on a monthly basis, and suggest modifications consistent with knowledge
of current or historical demand.
- Timely reporting of key metrics.
- Support the master planning meeting to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy,
supply plan to meet demand, and resource implications.
- Update Master Production Plan as necessary.
- Technical, Scientific or Commercial Degree [Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations].
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP).
- Experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measurements.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Proficient in MS office applications.
- 5 years in Master Scheduling and Inventory Control.
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing Environment essential.
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems, especially Advance Planning Systems.
Closing date 21st February 2014
(No agencies please)